Friday, January 05, 2007

TSB Or Not TSB.... What Was The Question?

Soon I will begin painting another TSB (Traffic Signal Box) and thought it would be worthy enough to do a preliminary post to show my thoughts about the design stage of the project.



I was a little unsure what I should paint at first but then came across this old pic I did years ago which I still find amusing. You can't go wrong with tiny aliens! Artforce gave me approval for the design but asked if I could make him look happier. The irony is that the guy's expression whilst being fondled by the alien was pretty much the whole point of the picture.

But then I sketched this.....






It is sort of a reinvisioning of the first pic and hopefully is a little more easy on the general public's eye. Also the nose picking alien in the background is gone (I guess I don't find nose picking as funny as I used too. I'm must be getting old.).




This is kind of how I see the colours to look, but I expect this finished box to look somewhere in between the original pic and the new design. They never really turn out how I expect when I begin.

I'll post some photos as I go.

No comments: