Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nocturne Inferno Illustrations

One of my most recent projects that I have been working on is a series of illustrations for K.L. Young’s Nocturne Inferno. It's a story about an amateur musician who, by chance, obtains the legendary guitar once owned by his hero, the great Erik Zann. Then things start get a little dark and murdery.

I had a lot of fun with creating these images. I could easily picture what I wanted to draw while I was reading these characters and, overall, I'm pretty happy with the end result.

This project gave me the opportunity to explore some changes to the way I usually approach colour in my illustrations. I purposely tried to hold back on the dark tones that I would normally use, which I think gives these images more of a distinct stylistic theme and more of a comic book feel.

I am yet to add some black and white sketches to this collection of illustrations. 

No comments: